Thank you to everyone who participated in our first ever Community Lunch Challenge! The Cheeseburger Soups looked delicious! Our winner of the 20 piece flatware set has been drawn and will be contacted later today.
This week, we would have been serving Black Bean Taquitos
Just like last week, tag us or comment on our Facebook with reviews, pictures, and modifications that you made to your version of these delicious Black Bean Taquitos! This week, the winner will walk away with a $25 Foodland gift card! Happy cooking!
Black Bean Taquito Recipe
4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 can black beans
1 can diced green chiles
2 green onions
2-3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
15 6 inch flour tortillas
3 Tbsp cooking oil, divided, for frying
- Rinse and drain the black beans and diced green chiles. Chop the green onions.
- Add the cream cheese, black beans, green chiles, green onion, hot sauce, garlic powder, and salt to a bowl. Stir together until combined, then taste and adjust the salt or hot sauce to your liking.
- Stack 5 tortillas on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for about 20 seconds to soften (this helps prevent them from cracking when rolled).
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Working quickly as the skillet heats, place about 2 tbsp of the black bean filling in each tortilla then roll tightly closed.
- Once all five are filled, add about 1 tbsp cooking oil to the skillet, give it a few seconds to heat (it should shimmer), then add the filled taquitos seam side down. Cook the taquitos on each side until brown and crispy, then transfer to a clean plate.
- Repeat the process, adding a little more oil to the skillet each time, until all the filling has been used (about 15 taquitos). Serve while still hot.
Recipe adapted from budgetbytes.com