Do you miss our Community Lunches? We do too.
Until we can safely get back to breaking bread with our community, we’d like to transform Wednesdays into a Community Lunch Challenge! Every Wednesday, we will post the recipe our chef would have used to create our featured Lunch item.
We challenge you to try it out and share it with us! Head over to our Facebook, and share pictures of your meal with reviews, substitutions, or other ideas and we will enter your name into a draw.
This week would have been Cheeseburger Soup 🍔 and you can find the recipe below. This week’s winner will walk away with a 20-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set! The challenge is open until Wednesday, April 22, 2020 and the winner will be announced along with the new recipe!
We know it’s not the same, but at least it’s a little taste of #TNDFromHome
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-3/4 pounds (about 4 cups) cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 cups shredded cheddar
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, ground beef and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter.
- Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly, 3-5 minutes.
- Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before blending in sour cream.
Recipe adapted from tasteofhome.com