We hope you are enjoying these weekly recipes, we certainly have been!
This week, we would have been serving Pulled Pork Sliders (I know, right)!
Remember to join or participate in our TNDF What’s Cooking? Facebook Group to connect with people who are experimenting with and sharing their recipes!
PULLED PORK Recipe
4 lb boneless pork shoulder
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tbs salt
1 tbs smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground cumin
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbs canola oil
1 ½ cups apple cider or cola
1-2 bottles Smokey BBQ sauce as needed
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Trim excess fat from pork and cut into large pieces to fit in a large Dutch oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin, then season with black pepper. Rub all over pork. (This can be done the night before.)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, heat oil. Working in batches, add pork and sear on all sides. (Spices can burn quickly so don’t let it go for too long!)
- Pour apple cider around pork and cover with lid. Transfer to oven and cook until pork is beginning to turn tender, about 3 hours. Remove lid and cook until pork is very tender and pulls apart easily with a fork, 1 to 2 hours more.
- Remove pork from Dutch oven and let rest. Shred pork using two forks. Toss shredded meat with barbecue sauce as desired. Heat until sauce is hot and serve warm with buns, coleslaw, and extra sauce.